Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Discipline Dissolving?

Started by HunchBacShrimp, June 20, 2015, 03:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunchBacShrimp

Or maybe my head isn't bolted down securely?

I knew I was picking what many would consider a bad bet selection. But I prepared myself to bet with confidence, to be a bit more aggressive knowing that my BS would eventually come around. I was ready to make some much larger than normal bets because I was going to focus on one particular bet ONLY. And that bet was for a B single. All of my bets would have been on Player avoiding commission loss for increased bet sizes as I went deeper into my Lab. I was ready.

I even recorded the shoe by hand, which I haven't done in a while because of the electronic display. First thing I did was make some bets at the end of the first shoe I bought in toward the end of. Dropped 4u without any reason, just random bets. Impatient for some action? not a good sign. Second thing I did was at the beginning of the next shoe, I still didn't set up my Lab string. Just started betting. And somehow decided to pick up a second BS. That every Player doubled. Another selection many would consider bad, but it was in line we me betting P only. After about 12 decisions I finally reversed engineered my lab string. Two of em, one for each BS. In about another 9 decisions I open up a third lab string on Banker streaking passed 2.

In hindsight I'm realizing I was working three bet selections with only ONE bankroll. This quickly turned ugly for me. Eventually, I abandoned use of the lab strings and started betting random amounts of units. My composure is gone, I'm in a tailspin here. I'm thinking about re buying in when I still have over half of my buy in left! I'm convinced I'm going to have a huge draw down even thought at the time I wasn't aware why. ( 3 simultaneous bets selections and 1 bank roll )

I did have a 55u draw down, but amazingly pulled out of it with 24u profit. Here are what I have recorded for the three lab strings.

B singles.   1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 2 3 4 4  made some 5u bets I lost and stopped recording wins and losses and bet randomly.

P doubles.   1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 2 4 4 This is a mess, I did not execute this lab even remotely like it is supposed to be.

B triples.     1 1 1 1 1 1 2 3 2 2  I was careless using this one too and eventually made and 11u bet that was the beginning of my over all recovery.

Here's the shoe I'm sure everyone will say "duh" I would have killed it. Like I said, my head was not in the game.

B
P
BB
PPPP
BB
P
B
PP
B
PPPP
BB
P
BB
PP
BB
P
BBB
P
BB
P
BB
PP
B
PP
BBBBBBBBBBB  out of nowhere 11B
P
B
PP
B
PPPP
B
PP I colored up and went to the cage
B
P
end of what I saw. Shoe nearly finished.

The Streak of 11B saved me. 11u bet on 3B, and stayed on the run with random bets of 3 to 6 units. The following occurrences of B singling and P doubling put me over the top and I fled the scene.

gr8player

Yeah, those "double B's" had to hurt.  But, as they say, "all's well that ends well".

I must say:  I do like that fact that you simply played a game where your "nemesis" was identified up front.  Nothing wrong with that.  If there were no "double B's", you kill 'em.  In this case, there were, and you got "caught chasing" for recoup.

So what?  It's happened to everyone that's ever gambled.  Don't be so hard on yourself....we're not perfect, not a one of us.

The "B run" (11) hit, and, voila, you were saved.  Good job.  A win is win; take it and run.

That all said, if there was one take-away from this experience:  make sure your bankroll is sufficient for your style of play, regardless what that style is.  One needs to be well-armed, lest their nemesis can never be overcome and the house wins even before you really got started.

Take care.

HunchBacShrimp

Thanks GR8. I appreciate the kind words. I don't know what happened. It's like this shoe came at me sideways, it seems harmless enough.

Discipline and patience are key. You say this all the time, and I vehemently agree. I usually have better composure than that. 11u bet was a bad idea, or maybe it wasn't. Seems like a strong bet with so many B doubles never going to 3 or beyond. Streak of 11 was not just lucky for so many consecutive wins toward a recoup. It is also an easy bet to make. No second guessing, just ride the run.

I wasn't intoxicated. I felt 100% prepared. For me, I'll take it as a warning. That there may be some unknown subtle force or influence that can take you off your game without you noticing it. Coulda just been nothing more than an off day mentally. You know, like those days you keep dropping stuff for no reason, or you spill your drink in the kitchen just to sit down at dinner and knock it over again.