Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Three Way Mirror idea - flat betting between 3 and 12 numbers.

Started by zelx77, August 01, 2013, 01:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelx77

Hello All,
Iv'e been playing this on SkyVegas in fun mode as well as using actual spins from a file of 1 millions spins I got from VLS Roulette forum.
It has been working well in practice.
I just wanted to get some input/feedback tips before I play it for real.

Zelx

Note from Moderator.
Welcome to the forum Zelx. [smiley]afb/tup.gif[/smiley]

I have had a look at your PDF, and it seems ok, and nothing any of us should worry about.
We have to be careful, especially with first time posters.
Would be good if you pop over to the Newcomers section (Home page), and say hello there too.  :nod:
Cheers
Chrisbis

zelx77

Hi Chrisbis, thanks for the welcome. Will drop into the newcomers lounge now. 

Turner

You get a feel for these things.
The exact same can be done with streets.
It would make no difference.
A street can sleep for 80?....can't remember exactly

Turner

But you have me thinking.
What about generating 12 random 3's each session
Rand.org.....sequences...1-36.....12 columns.c

zelx77

That's an interesting idea Turner - generate 12 random 3s each session.  I am always looking for ways to exploit the most unlikely event to happen. 

Will give this a try.

Dane

Quote from: Turner on August 01, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
You get a feel for these things.
The exact same can be done with streets.
It would make no difference.
A street can sleep for 80?....can't remember exactly

Hi Turner,
A professor of math one said, that one out of six can skive for at least 100 times.
If he was right, one out of twelve might refuse to turn up much longer.
There is no need to remember the exact number of spins, however.
There is no absolute limit here.
If anyone rules out that one number or any Group of numbers can only skive  X number of spins, he or she is wrong.

It is only a question of TIME, before Lady Luck or the Laws of probability proves it.
It may happen tonight or any other night. It is definitely inevitable [smiley]aes/devil.png[/smiley].
If it did not happen in one million spins, just take another look or look at one more million spins.
                                                                            Dane
"THERE IS AN OCEAN OF VAST PROPORTION
AND SHE FLOWS WITHIN OURSELVES"
               Donovan Leitch

Turner

Dane.....there's no can't or can...just not seen it or seen it.
I have seen a street sleep 110 spins....so I know they can from observation. I can't say it's a limit but  i can say it could sleep 110.

In theory....if someone asked me if my mother can break dance....the answer is no. The real answer is I have never seen her break dance.
No one can say random has limits....unless they have seen every run ever produced. Even then...you haven't seen tomorrows.

Dane

Quote from: Turner on August 01, 2013, 03:07:46 PM
Dane.....there's no can't or can...just not seen it or seen it.
I have seen a street sleep 110 spins....so I know they can from observation. I can't say it's a limit but  i can say it could sleep 110.

In theory....if someone asked me if my mother can break dance....the answer is no. The real answer is I have never seen her break dance.
No one can say random has limits....unless they have seen every run ever produced. Even then...you haven't seen tomorrows.

So you are not going to produce a video with your  mother´s break dance?
Inspired by Prianka´s  "speedy" videos I can tell you that I am able to shoot faster than John Wayne.
The reason is simple: John Wayne is dead :nod: .
But now I grab my cheap electronic calculator to find the probability,  that one chosen street at one roulette table does not turn up in 111 spins:
(34/37)^111 = 0.00008390123. It is rather close to 1/33/360.  So if we observed 111 spins 360 nights a year, we should expect it to happen  approx. every 33Th year.
                                                                                                         Dane
               Donovan Leitch

Priyanka

Quote from: Dane on August 01, 2013, 04:41:03 PM
So you are not going to produce a video with your  mother´s break dance?
Inspired by Prianka´s  "speedy" videos I can tell you that I am able to shoot faster than John Wayne.
The reason is simple: John Wayne is dead :nod: .
But now I grab my cheap electronic calculator to find the probability,  that one chosen street at one roulette table does not turn up in 111 spins:
(34/37)^111 = 0.00008390123. It is rather close to 1/33/360.  So if we observed 111 spins 360 nights a year, we should expect it to happen  approx. every 33Th year.
                                                                                                         Dane
Dane, the electronic calculator is right. But you might want to relook your formula.

Sam taught me an important lesson.  When a dozen hits it takes twelve buddies. When a line hits it takes 6 buddies. When a street hits it takes 3 buddies. So you might want to use 12/13 instead of 34/37.  Hope am not making a mistake here.

Chrisbis

I am right here, in saying, a street is 3 numbers out of 37, the only difference, is a street result* has to land in
1 of 13 possible locations, if including the Zero.

So, i guess its 13-1(sleeper)=12/13

*result meaning where the ball will land relative to the carpet/felt/table layout.

Dane

Does math include guessing? And should I really relook my formula ???
I don´t have a math degree.
But I am sure that some educated math member can put things straight and enlighten us. Thanks!
                                                  Dane

Donovan Leitch

Turner

I did degree level maths in my HND electronics and electrocal engineering. I suck at maths and probability. I've tried reading Bayes and it sounds like the teacher in charlie brown.....a slighty muted trumpet played by a 3 year old

Chrisbis

I always was taught in maths, to make a educated guess first, then 'prove' the guess right or wrong with analysis.

Maybe Bayes can swing an eye over here!

Priyanka

@ Dane, Let me try explaining in simple language my understanding of things without confusing on heavy mathematical principles.

You flip a coin. There are two possible options Head or tail. The chance of a head coming is 1/2.

Now lets get a bit complex. You have 3 bags. 1 bag having 2 red balls. 1 bag having 3 red balls. 1 bag having 5 black balls. Assuming that you are picking a whole bag, the chance of picking a red ball is 2/3. However you throw all these balls on to a box and pick one, then the chance of picking a red ball is 5/10 or 1/2. Hope you get the difference.

Assume that the balls are straight-ups. The bags are streets. Then you will be able to get the corollary on why it is 12/13 and not 34/37. I can get into some complex terminologies, but I think it is better understandable and better practiced, if we take a simplistic common sense based approach.

On doing the formula for sleepers, you are trying to find a formula for identifying a sleeper street for lets say 100 spins. Now if you are using 34/37 then what you are assuming is 3 numbers out of 37 is sleeping for 100 spins. Lets take a simple example. Lets assume that the sleepers for 100 spins are 5 numbers 1, 7, 22, 23 and 24. Now there is only 1 sleeping street but there are 5 sleeping numbers. So that immediately breaks away the fundamental reason of chosing 34/37. Hope you are getting what I am saying.

I am a newbie when it comes to roulette. But when it comes to statistics, I can safely say that I have better than average knowledge  :cheer:

Dane

Priyanka:
In my example I chose ONE street and ONE street only on beforehand. And I found the probability that this specific street did not turn up.
Someone (Bayes?) might help us.
                                                        Cheers
                                                         Dane
               Donovan Leitch