Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Some threads will be pruned under the question: is this constructive?

Started by VLS, November 22, 2012, 03:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Hello dear friends,

Some threads will be pruned under the question: is this constructive?

Many of them were "not matching our site's light-hearted and productive spirit." (excerpt from forum rules).

Today was a heated day, non-productive things were said; it's time to move on.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Albalaha

Unless some thread promotes hatred or defematory, I don't think that should be removed. This way, forum may turn autocratic too. My opinion.
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

VLS

-- Victor

Albalaha

And beside this, who is qualified enough to decide which topic is constructive or not? I may feel that all the suggested betselections, progressions and full systems are not constructive as none of them is useful in long run. Should all be removed then? This was the tactic that a great admin of a forum (I have promised Esoito that I won't call names till instigated to do so) used to prove that this guy should be banned.
          We must learn from our earlier mistakes and that of others too.

VLS

It isn't a matter of who, but "how" (under which criteria).

Our very simple rules state:

"This is a space for posting bets, analyzing them and making conclusions"

So we aren't here to censor ways to play, but helping others make conclusions about them, testing results in hand.

They also state:

"- This is a peaceful space. We reserve the right to remove threads that are made (or turn into) "inflammable". "

It is self-explanatory.

Regarding the criterion for removal, rules say: "[...]including a member or thread not matching our site's light-hearted and productive spirit."

Neither me (admin) nor mods or members are exempt from those rules. We must agree there were things written today that do not align with those previously-laid criteria.
-- Victor

Albalaha

Quoteincluding a member or thread not matching our site's light-hearted and productive spirit."

Victor,
          I know that very well that you and your administrative team (global moderators) have got every right to decide what you want to do on this forum or not. For example, it was you and your team that decided that you will no longer serve as Admin and remove ads and later came back with S*** ads again. So what is the use of all these debates and quotations? You are definitely not going to get a consensus before deciding what you need to do and not.
           Even if you decide today that a great forum admin (of another great forum) will be the owner of this place, what can anybody do?

spike

So if I started a James Wendel Memorial thread,
you'd take it down? He was a legend in his own
mind..

VLS

We have an opportunity to start with a clean slate here.

Let's focus on what is productive, past and present.

If a thread isn't really bringing any fruition, then yes; it risks deletion.
-- Victor