Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

At least one (1) post a month

Started by VLS, December 07, 2012, 04:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Hello guys,

I'm coding a forum modification so members must make at least one (1) post a month to get full access.

Hopefully it will "wake" some of the quality posters around and bring in some fresh faces to the fore.

Those who don't want to contribute any post can take a reader membership, with software access.

It isn't much right, only a single post to consider it an active member for the month.

It can't only be take, take, take. We are all better if we give a little to keep the place active and thriving.
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

KingsRoulette

Nothing can perfectly beat a random session but luck. If someone claims perfection in every session, he is either a fool himself or think all to be fools.

VLS

Quote from: KingsRoulette on December 07, 2012, 04:33:03 PM
Not bad.
Not at all indeed.

It is a "give one, get many" for the individual; but as a whole, those 1's spawn more discussion and grow us pushing the place forward.
-- Victor

Dino246

I agree.....what's that saying......to receive...first you have to GIVE.

Ralph

Yes it should be min one and max until it lacks sense.

VLS

Good thing is regular active posters won't feel any difference  :)
-- Victor

TwoCatSam

"You got to prime the pump; have faith and believe.
You got to give of yourself before you're worthy to receive."...........Desert Pete.

A pump was in the desert.  Beside it was a bottle of water to prime it.  Those who drank the water died later and those who followed them died.  Those who primed the pump drank and filled the bottle for the next traveler.

Of course, it's not true!  It's a message.  Dwell on it.

Sam
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

JohnLegend

I would make that 5 a month Victor lol! If you are here you should take part.

Bally6354

Maybe just making that first post is all it takes just to get some confidence up.

I can remember it was pretty daunting when I made my first post on GG many moons ago.

I kept going back and checking my spelling and reading my post.  :))

Sharing anything roulette related is always appreciated.  :thumbsup:
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.

Ophis

Multi Systems Tracker
➨ *Link Removed*

VLS

Well, not troll factory; it's basically just a reminder to get posters to show themselves...

Hopefully after being woken-up, some will be more prone to continue interacting past the first one  :)
-- Victor

nOrMy2o0o

1 =  :thumbsup:

5 =  :no:  cause as i'm more reader than writer... due to my bad english.

br, nOrMy2o0o

VLS

Another good factor is getting fellow guests to register.

I do believe we can be welcoming enough so new members can feel at home.

We don't know what fellow guests can contribute until they do. Getting access to the forum by engagement is quite a win/win for the forum and the person who registers and engages in the conversation.

We grow by our interactions.
-- Victor

JohnLegend

Quote from: nOrMy2o0o on December 07, 2012, 08:51:51 PM
1 =  :thumbsup:

5 =  :no:  cause as i'm more reader than writer... due to my bad english.

br, nOrMy2o0o
Your English will improve by writing and interacting more nOrMy2o0o.

esoito

I certainly agree with a minimum of one a month.

But beyond that it's up to the posters and if they have something relevant to a topic or worth saying at all.

If they feel compelled to keep posting because of some artificially imposed limit beyond one,  Moderators and thread starters will  be forever having to prune the forum from rubbish.