Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Gap Theory

Started by Nickmsi, February 08, 2015, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickmsi

What is a Gap. 

A Gap is the number of spins between hits. If the number 35 is hit on Spin # 1 and again on Spin # 51, the Gap is 50. (51-1).  If Street # 10 is hit on Spin # 20 and again on Spin # 30, then the Gap is 10. (30-20).  In other words, it is how long a number (number set) sleeps between hits.

So What.  Is there any benefit to studying Gaps?

Well, Louis G. Holloway thinks so.  In his book  "Full Time Gambler" ,thanks XXVV for the information, he says he has made a "gap book".  He claims this
"greatly condensed the big run of numbers and put the whole thing into a new perspective or dimension.  Through this kind of work, one is able to learn the true value of patterns and to avoid being tricked by coincidence.  By plotting graphs from the total of each approach, we can determine the peak of each cycle--when to get in and when to get out.  Ridiculous, you say? They said that about the atomic bomb, television and the airplane, too.  I am not saying we know exactly when to pick up up a number or group of numbers.  What I am saying is that over the long range-period we can and do turn the percentage and improve cold selecting."

I am not sure what he means by  "condensing the big runs" or "determining the peak of each cycle" so I thought I would develop  "Gap Sheets" for each  for each module (number set) starting with the EC Gap Sheet, then as time permits,  Dozens/Columns,  Lines,  Streets, etc.

Each "Gap Sheet",  will allow you to conduct  your own tests.  It is hoped that someone may see a "pattern" or a path or something else that might give us an edge.

Each "Gap Sheet" will be a fully working Tracker so you can actually test live or RNG spins.  You will be able to select:

1.  The size of the Gap to test

2.  The number of spins you wish to bet

3.  Holloway's RF (Rise and Fall) Progression or a Progression Divisor system that I use which
includes flat betting.

4.  Profit Target and Stop Loss

Each Gap Sheet will also Graph each session, so you can see their peaks and valleys.

As each Gap Sheet will be a fully functional system,  I will post them in their respective sub boards.   See the sub board "Even Chances" for the first EC Module Gap Sheet which should be posted shortly.

Cheers

Nick

XXVV

Nick

Thanks so much for this work. This will provide opportunities for some real accelerated understanding and insight into the mysteries of roulette. This thread may become very active. I really look forward to various views and opinions in coming weeks, and will endeavour to contribute something worthwhile myself.
XXVV

RouletteKEY

Gaps or Skips...depending on your jargon are absolutely essential

I use them across the board and have for years.

Roulette comes in waves and this helps to identify times to attack, the intensity of the attack as well as the retreat point.

It is a cornerstone

soxfan

Roulettes ain't my scene but Fulltime Gambler is the best book out there. And, if you have the balls and bankroll, I think that Holloways progression is one of the best, hey hey.

Nickmsi

Here's link to my excel sheet which has his progression "Rise and Fall" in it.

Cheers

Nick

http://betselection.cc/even-chance-8/ec-gap-module/

soxfan

Quote from: Jimske on March 07, 2015, 02:58:46 PM
I've never seen his prog.  Can you provide info or a link?

I post up the Holloway, but he gives a few different ways to play beside just the rise and fall style. In any event, EVERY serious cat should own a copy of Fulltime Gambler, hey hey.

1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-14-16-18-20-22-25-28-30-32-35-40-45-50-55-60-70-80-90-100-110-120-135-150

Sputnik

But there is a error with Holloways progression.

2 Increast with +1
3 Increase with +1
4 Increase with +1
5 Increase with +1
6 Increase with +1
14 Increase with +2
25 Increase with +3
30 Incerease with +2
35 Increase with +3
40 Increase with +5
70 Increase with +10
135 Increase with +15

As you can see you have Increase by +2 and next should be +3 then it drops to +2 again - that is wrong.

Cheers

soxfan

I post up the Holloway style as written in the book, hey hey.

Bayes

I agree, it's a great book and probably the best of a bad bunch. But the progression will still fail if you don't have a good bet selection (I coded it years ago) and LGH doesn't give any advice on that apart from saying that the progression should "turn the tide using any sensible bet selection".

You're left completely in the dark as to what a "sensible" bet selection is.  :D

soxfan

Quote from: Bayes on March 09, 2015, 07:21:57 AM
I agree, it's a great book and probably the best of a bad bunch. But the progression will still fail if you don't have a good bet selection (I coded it years ago) and LGH doesn't give any advice on that apart from saying that the progression should "turn the tide using any sensible bet selection".

You're left completely in the dark as to what a "sensible" bet selection is.  :D

If all bs style resolve to close to 50-50 then what does it matter? I have been testing a static bet method at dice using the star system on the wincraps, and returning about 20 unit per hour, hey hey.

soxfan

After doing some testing I come to conclusion that shrewd cats should be usin Star, as written, at the dice tables, hey hey!

Bayes

Quote from: soxfan on March 09, 2015, 10:44:31 PM
If all bs style resolve to close to 50-50 then what does it matter?

True, but some bet selections resolve faster than others.