Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Tiny country dubbed a mini vegas

Started by KungFuBac, December 03, 2023, 04:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADulay

When I was still working, one of my long layovers was Hong Kong.

Pay the approximately $35 round trip fare on the super fast jet boat and you could day trip Macau with no problems at all.

And I did, a LOT.   I had a pretty good routine and once I figured out the hotel van schedules it was basically a free trip each way.  No need for the taxis.

Incredible amount of baccarat tables and at the time, one of the few places you could play on a fully computerized and exquisitely designed mechanical card handler.  It was right out of Star Wars.

The Venetian was just opening by the time my trips to Hong Kong were over and I did get to play in it a few times.   Needless to say, the women were simply stunning at every point where they came into contact with the customers.

It made the military style personnel at the Lisboa look positively medieval.

AD

KungFuBac

Thx ADulay. I booked a trip to Macau as the Covid nonsense started(Within a week they cancelled my trip).It is still on my bucket list though I haven't pursued it since.

Pay the approximately $35 round trip fare on the super fast jet boat and you could day trip Macau with no problems at all.

My plans were to stay the first five days with a friends' parents in Hong Kong and do the ferry daily(I "think" it was $75 when I checked). Then I was scheduled to spend the latter part of trip at Sands property.
*It was interesting (and concerning) that as soon as I booked my trip (and for a couple months afterward) I was bombarded with offers to "Check my passport/verification/additional requirements,....etc" ,(for a $fee of course). Though as a visitor and only staying 10 days, nothing additional was required.

Continued Success,

"There are many large numbers smaller than one."

ADulay

Seriously, take the jetboats out of Hong Kong to Macau and back.   They are excellent.  Like flying 1st Class on the airlines except you're not treated like cattle.

AD (assuming they still have those boats)