Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

One Rule To Rule Them All !!

Started by esoito, November 17, 2012, 11:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoito

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." — Albert Einstein

As true as it ever was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players need a 'circuit breaker' (losing all their money is the default setting!!) that cuts in to:

• make them stop what they are doing
  • so they can assess what they are doing
  • and also assess the level of greed that was involved in what they were doing

And if the sum of those introspective prognostications= my-method-kept-losing-but-I-kept-using-it-hoping-the-outcome-would-be-different then apply The Rule Of The Bleedin' Obvious:

STOP. DOING. IT 

TwoCatSam

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Well, don't do that!"
If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go where dogs go.   ...Will Rogers

esoito

Quote from: TwoCatSam on November 18, 2012, 12:54:07 AM
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
"Well, don't do that!"

Yep. Exactly!!

And people STILL smoke, still over-booze, still ignore speed limits despite the demonstrated risks and dangers...

Crazy people.

Stop the world. I want to get off.  (Some of you might recall that musical)

Ralph

Do not do the same always, but return always.  I win for a while, and stop/change, for a time and then take  from shelf what's has been working.

that's the reason I never run long tests, I try to find something to try real. The test can be good, and bust first time real. Better then to play it from begining, and store it before it has the losing period.  We never know the outcome, but many know things work for a while.