Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

It's time to move on...

Started by esoito, December 26, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoito

The new 50-50 forum management model will --at last -- free up Victor to concentrate on his software and technology goals.

Because  moderation can now be shared by all via the voting system it also frees me up to easily resign from the position, effective immediately.

I shall focus on writing my software and spend far more productive time on the BetSoftware site.

Just think -- under the new model you can now vote moderators and each other on and off.

You can vote for and against particular rules.

Perhaps really push the boat out and vote for no rules at all. [Then vote on how long it would take for the forum to become totally dysfunctional.]

Finally, for those who work in, or belong to, any organisation:

* Put your arm right into a bucket of water

* Pull your arm out...

...and the size of the hole that's left is the measure of how indispensible or important  you are.... ;)

VLS

Hello dear Max,

Please note we do need to keep a figure of wise men across the board.

We don't want to entertain neither the “tyranny of the elite”, nor the “tyranny of the majority”.

We strive to feature a form of middle ground here.

Mods are needed to keep order and -in general- a moderated forum is much better than a non-moderated one.

Public polls are needed to check what people want. Letting regular members have a voice with weight becomes paramount here.

The power to put members in moderation, the power to mute, and other powers should be attributed to the forum's wise men. You sure have demonstrated being wise.

[...more to come...]
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

esoito

Yes, but a wise man knows when enough is enough!

VLS

Quote from: esoito on December 27, 2014, 10:41:17 PM
Yes, but a wise man knows when enough is enough!

Sure, that's what makes you wise :thumbsup:

It's all opt-in. The only one who can't give up on the forum is me; even if it frees me up from the "$3500 RouletteForum.cc loan-like scenario".

The "hole in the bucket" should I quit would be a "404 not found" error when people visits the site.

It's an attractive option short-term but I have to think long-term; to me this site is part of a trifecta of webs, a family of sites so to speak:

[Gambling] + [Gambling software] + [Software]

We get to open the 3rd site with money from the gambling software site, so it's all interwoven.

I'm not done with my online project, we sure can eventually have the $3500 to spare in order to free the forum from the ads, then we're continuing as a totally independent, free operation with no ties to anybody else.

As it's now it's also a mutually beneficial deal: Steve gets the ads as a guarantee while the $3500 are due, then he gets the RouletteForum.cc site when they are returned, not bad on his side of the deal.

On my side, my benefit derives from mending things with Steve and remaining in good terms with members from the community, that's worth it for me. I'm here to remain, not to vanish.

We're not done yet :)
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor