Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

Anything Can Happen At Any Time

Started by 21 Aces, August 03, 2016, 11:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21 Aces

Just when you think you have seen everything you run across something you have never seen before.  Every session you should be seeing very interesting progressions and things happen.  Come in ready to play and don't let thinking that it can't happen cost you.  Over the past few months I have notoriously called out low probability next events AND NOT BET only to have that exact bet hit.  DO NOT DO THAT.  The real question is 'WHY NOT?' not 'WHY?'

If you have an approach to the game that works overall, a top cause of bad outcomes is getting discouraged by short term setbacks.  You have to run your game in the face of this and before you know it you will connect with a favorable shoe or a favorable progression.  Just when you think to give up is when something good might come along.  Tables get very busy and crowded for a reason so look for that.  If you are not paying attention a very easy opportunity right around you and many other players are taking advantage. 

Consider:
- Playing at a table only if every position is filled +++ and see how that goes.
- Following the best players you know for the first few hands at the start of every night and see how that goes.  I would bet in favor of a professional driver who's been playing for a few hours over myself who just showed up a few minutes ago in many circumstances.

It is also very easy TO NOT HAVE intense focus at a start of a session and quickly run up a string of bad plays.  The first dollar bet is just as important and 'I'm just starting out tonight' should not be an excuse.  Think of quarterbacks.  They could throw an interception 'Pick 6' for a touchdown against them on the very first pass just like any other play.

Life is something you dominate if you're any good. - Tom Buchanan