Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

BETFORUM members and Stef: Betforum.cc is to be forcefully expelled from servers

Started by wannawin, April 25, 2014, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

You have more important things to worry about in the next days than the chip sizes in your game:

Betforum.cc is to be forcefully expelled from servers of Rica Web Services in the next few days.

Read this topic from start to finish. To the last post:
http://betselection.cc/general-discussion/personal-and-family-privacy-violations-are-serious-matters/
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

wannawin

Here are thus forewarned, so do not say that the user wannawin is the bad one for reporting the actions of betforum administrator, and I went under the ropes without warning. They are the same users who read here and there.

See if you start using your community decisions to talk about the important topic of personal privacy respect in your forum to add to your rules.

esoito

As well as being very careful about violations of privacy which Wannawin has quite rightly drawn to our attention, I sincerely hope those reading this will also be reminded of the risks involved in libel.

There ARE consequencies for that as well.

Libel, for those with short memories, is defined as "a false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person"

On several occasions I've had to warn members about writing unsubstantiated accusations against others.

Albalaha

Quote from: wannawin on April 25, 2014, 08:06:29 AM
You have more important things to worry about in the next days than the chip sizes in your game:

Betforum.cc is to be forcefully expelled from servers of Rica Web Services in the next few days.

Read this topic from start to finish. To the last post:
http://betselection.cc/general-discussion/personal-and-family-privacy-violations-are-serious-matters/

Wannawin.You simply lack Locus Standi to do any complain to anyone on the behalf of anybody unless you get a power of attorney/authorization by Victor.  :no:
Email: earnsumit@gmail.com - Visit my blog: http://albalaha.lefora.com
Can mentor a real, regular and serious player

Sputnik

wannawin

Quote from: wannawin on April 24, 2014, 06:09:22 AMService providers are in Quebec, Canada.
More service provider news.

Triggered by my report the legal department of Rica Web Services has updated their terms of service to expel betforum.cc without entailing further liabilities to them.

Serious companies have access to paid lawyers who advice them how to protect their interests. I already did due diligence to search archive.org plus google cache and there is truly no mention of "gambling related websites" prior to this.

First time I make a company change its terms! Unfortunately I see that betselection.cc is also served by them: http://www.whoishostingthis.com/?q=betselection.cc So the possibility is this website will be discharged soon due to the new updated terms.

I do not know if Victor has money available for hiring a new server immediately and if it affects operations here I apologize fairly for starting all this.

The good thing is that the legal system works. Only one complaint from a normal citizen and actions are taken. Nobody enjoys special privileges in these matters.

wannawin

Quote from: Albalaha on April 25, 2014, 11:36:54 AM
                    Wannawin.You simply lack Locus Standi to do any complain to anyone on the behalf of anybody unless you get a power of attorney/authorization by Victor.  :no:
Albalaha, you would know the legal system where you exercise your profession, but in the rest of legal systems the authorities must act upon what is called to their attention when verified there is ill.  Regardless of who makes the complaint

Quote from: Sputnik on April 25, 2014, 12:51:55 PM
Ignore things is the best medicin.

Have a nice day :-)

Very nice, in this way surely we will all leave our legacy of a better world for our children.

Kav

Wannawin,
Vic is an intelligent man knowing his rights and doesn't need anyone acting in his behalf. You learned nothing from Vic's posts about moving forward.
I do not understand what is your (legal) interest in this.
If you want to leave a better world to your kids go plant a tree instead of messing with other peoples affairs and probably making matters worse for the community and even for this forum.
You seem to get great pleasure from this unfortunate situation for the community.

Sputnik

Quote from: Kav on April 25, 2014, 05:23:17 PM
Wannawin,
Vic is an intelligent man knowing his rights and doesn't need anyone acting in his behalf. You learned nothing from Vic's posts about moving forward.
I do not understand what is your (legal) interest in this.
If you want to leave a better world to your kids go plant a tree instead of messing with other peoples affairs and probably making matters worse for the community and even for this forum.
You seem to get great pleasure from this unfortunate situation for the community.

I agree with you Kav ...

FLAT_IN_O

Me too.....Who give you rights interfering in other ppl.issues.....Reminds me of my neighbour lawyer that sued all dog owners in our street....

wannawin

Quote from: Kav on April 25, 2014, 05:23:17 PMI do not understand what is your (legal) interest in this.
I saw a clear violation of privacy when reading about expectation of privacy in the messages and did my bit.

It would take maybe 10 minutes of action in total in finding the site of the provider "Rica" and then send an email to the abuse department with a link.

Quote from: Kav on April 25, 2014, 05:23:17 PMIf you want to leave a better world to your kids go plan a tree instead of messing with other peoples affairs and probably making matters worse for the community and even for this forum.
In any given year I plant more trees than you could imagine.

I am not a fortune teller and could not foresee they were going to change the terms of service which could affect here.

Maybe for you it is bad what I did and makes matters worse to act on abuses. To me this is improvement and I think any sensible person will agree.

Quote from: Kav on April 25, 2014, 05:23:17 PMYou seem to get great pleasure from this unfortunate situation for the community.
Not pleasure, sometimes what I get is grief to see I may be the only one who sees things in normal standards many times.

By the way right now this site is still hosted by Rica Web Services:

[attachimg=1]

How many days of outage would be reasonable to expect if the new terms of service are affecting operations?

Albalaha

QuoteReminds me of my neighbour lawyer that sued all dog owners in our street....

Here, the condition is much more worse. It is like living in London and suing dog owners of a street of Tokyo. Wannawin is acting like a savior for Victor, while he is actually causing troubles for him. Why doesn't he does the same complain about Steve too? It is pertinent to mention that the topics which had all the mess have been deleted from all over (both by Steve and Stef). So, we better forget about pelting stone in the mud that will make things dirtier for all.
                        There is still peace and harmony among the common members of both forums. Let's try to preserve that.

wannawin

Quote from: Albalaha on April 26, 2014, 01:34:27 AMThere is still peace and harmony among the common members of both forums. Let's try to preserve that.
Great post. truly what matters. We agree on the need to preserve these above all.

Albalaha

Time to move away from over reactions. I did over react too but now I know that a community is like a family. There are some naughty members who fight and abuse each other. Still, we are together, in one way or other. Avoid talking personal matters in public forums.

VLS

Very wise words dear Sumit  :nod:

Guys, don't worry about server move. We should have it covered gracefully.

On my side I'm glad things are flowing towards mutual harmony with good will validating we're all showing maturity for moving this to the past where it belongs so we can build a brighter future in respect of each other.

Let's coexist in peace,
Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor