Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

We turn 3 on October 16th!

Started by VLS, October 04, 2015, 04:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Our BetSelection forum becomes 3 years old on October 16th :applause:

[attachimg=1]

Happy birthday!!

Thanks to all of the kind readers and posters who make BetSelection.cc possible.

May we grow bigger and wiser in this new year that opens for us.

:cheer:
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

vo rogue

Thx Vic for your time and effort. :applause:

VLS

Quote from: vo rogue on October 05, 2015, 01:54:43 PMThx Vic for your time and effort.

My pleasure dear friend,

May we always leap forward, this year and beyond :nod:  :thumbsup:
-- Victor

VLS

Quote from: VLS on October 05, 2015, 02:46:20 PMMay we always leap forward, this year and beyond

The idea behind the new BetForum is explaned in this update:

Check it: http://betforum.cc
-- Victor

vo rogue

This looks good Vic,what do others think ?

wannawin

It looks good but why keep this forum if all members are expected to move into the new forum? Is it not more expense and redundancy? another thing: I guess the forum topics are to be copied to each user section. It would be in bad taste to erase them from here without replicating. Yet one last thing: the new site says each member puts their own rules. If I say that in my section people can be insulting and swearing to others then no problem?

is there any limit to the rules that I can dictate? This is important for me to consider supporting the new site.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

bjb007

I suppose that because I grew up in much simpler times I always prefer simple things.  The proposed forum just seems too complicated for me.

But these days so does getting out of bed.

VLS

Guys,

We have tried to enforce peaceful coexistence between disparate members for years. Reality is clear nonetheless: we're all different in our views, perceptions and personal expressions.

The new BetForum is a celebration of the fact we're all different and have different ways of thinking within the group of players attending the forum.

This solves the root cause of internal conflicts, once and for all; by means of filtering the people involved in your threads and fostering recurrent positive participation.

Members at the new site will group themselves around the spaces from those posters aligned to their thinking, in a natural way. More-related members, those who care for the space they participate in the most, will end up being "Buddies" and help the space owner in keeping his/her space in order; on the other hand, recidivist members end up being naturally blocked too, thus preventing them from being disruptive in the space.

Over here, we are scheduled to change our BetSelection.cc format to only feature topics on Bet Selection, Money Management and Methods / systems. Fact eventually reflected in the post page itself and a new system of tags instead of sections.

This will end the tiresome infighting and allow the forum to really be about discussion of betting topics.

By the way: Happy Birthday BetSelection. Today is 16th  :thumbsup:
Vic
-- Victor

Jimske

I don't think I like this new site.  How can I make fun of Al if he can block me from his stuff?  That's not right.  When people say stupid, obnoxious or misinformed stuff they should be countered.

Anywho - as far as Bac goes this site is like beating a dead horse over and over again.  Maybe other areas are better I wouldn't know since I don't read the other stuff.  Same old stuff gets re-hashed.  That's why I don't participate much anymore even though I read some stuff.

Just my opinion.

VLS

Jim, I guess we should have a small button next to "Reply" => "Dissent".

A small link to the dissenting post at the footer might be featured. The dissenting message being located into the dissenting member's own place.

It can be the right balance on giving a space for dissenting views while at the same time preventing interruptions on the actual post's flow while the poster is trying to illustrate / elaborate a topic.

...It's all malleable at this stage. There's plenty of room for us to discuss what the new site should be (or what it shouldn't be :D).
-- Victor