Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

BetSoftware 2.0 (versions and releases)

Started by VLS, July 02, 2016, 10:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

Hello guys, after pondering a lot we're setting with:

- BetSoftware FREE
A freeware version.

- BetSoftware PRO
A paid version.

I'm currently re-building the framework code from scratch; reorganizing and implementing features I wanted to do since first version to get things done right in order to avoid going back too much to re-code.

Both versions share the same internals, the main difference being the dynamics regarding the inclusion of new modules for each one.

All modules go straight to PRO for immediate use, while FREE gets a new module on the 1st, 10th and 20th of every month, hence there is a period of time for modules to be paid-only, yet they are all ending up in the free version over time for the benefit of our community.

Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

Justme

Hi Vic,

Congratulations on your new exciting career for yourself.

Thank you for your hard work on trying to get June's goals reached.

I was wondering if you could post the Beta software because I want to work with it?

Thank you,
Justin 

VLS

Thanks for the kind words Justin.

We're about to launch version 2.0.0.1 as an early alpha release with public download links.

Please stay tuned :)
-- Victor

VLS

Hello, we're taking a bit because we're going to devote BetSoftware to the public domain.

Still haven't decided on the new name, chances are it is pdBets. I'm officially desisting from trying to make money from the gambling community straight and I'm leaning towards sponsoring ourselves with selling to public domain software "power users" + selling cheap computer hardware.

Both www.PublicDomain.tech and www.CheapComputers.site are registered already.

In the mean time, I'm freelancing locally to sustain myself (every little bit counts right now). Actually, I'm getting more time for coding at home working on my own instead of going every day to the office, so I'm happy in this regard :)

Creating software for the public domain makes me happy too. Building the web engine of our dreams makes my day every time.

The long term plan is to give copies to everyone for free, then sell extra services to the eventual power users who get hooked to our software. We may end-up being the "upstream source" for those who create derivates, as well as getting other benefits. Besides the betting scene, there is a wide range of under-served niches/communities to which we can tap into. A bit here, a bit there... the public domain site can "pinch" enough for me to sustain my family nicely.

It isn't a particularly hard goal. It's just a single family hence even with moderate internet success we're satisfied :)

We're going to release the first public betas for July either here or at the new public domain site (likely here) to kick-start the movement.

Cheers!
-- Victor