Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

THE PIPE DREAM...SEEMS JUST THAT!

Started by esoito, January 15, 2013, 10:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoito

The 7-day wonder seems to have died.

Usual story -- burst of initial enthusiasm that peters out when the "next best thing" comes along.  ::)

[Edit:   In case you didn't realize we've got our own section for it...! ]

http://betselection.cc/the-pipe-dream/  ]

ignatus

It's not true, Ok I'm working alone, but you know what I found? See my project "Wheel movements" I found out the most common movement in live roulette   :P  This is a flaw that can easily be used. I even made a tracker.

esoito

Well done!  :thumbsup:

But I'm referring to the specific Pipe Dream section.

JohnLegend

Quote from: esoito on January 15, 2013, 10:21:49 PM
The 7-day wonder seems to have died.

Usual story -- burst of initial enthusiasm that peters out when the "next best thing" comes along.  ::)
That's the human mind for you Esoito, that's why the game will always be there for us persistent few.

Its the natural order of things. The elite 5% reap the rewards. While the masses 95% make it possible.

This breaks down in all of life. And its no different in roulette. If everybody had what it takes. Id have no living.

Just as if everyone were rich thered be no need to work.

Its the way it has to be.

Wildcard

I feel bad for not contributing much, but time is very scarce for me. (Example: I should be sleeping at this hour, still I came to pay a quick visit to the forum).

Anyway, I think where there´s a will, there´s a way... Maybe it needs more time... There are users from all around the globe, all kinds of responsibilities and that makes it hard to focus.

Let´s not discard it right away.

I ask for the knowledgeable folks out there to put their theories into practical methods and debate the benefits Vs. risks in order to reach a conclusion.

When I read about ratios, probabilities, percentages, deviations and regressions it kind of throws me off, as I don´t understand half of it !! My fault, most likely.

But... please translate the good notions into workable methods, is this too much to ask ?

Otherwise, It will be a bit like hiring an great artist to make a painting of your ugly head, and he goes on about the texture, the tones, the shades, the quality of the paint, the smell, the brushes, the canvas .....  hmmm..... ok, but what about the actual work ???

Aaaaahhhhh, I´m ranting. Sorry, it´s late here.

XXVV

@JL
You are being a little hard on humanity. Please refer the Pareto Rule which is the infamous but ubiquitous 80:20 ratio which finds its way into roulette as well.

Juiced91

What is step 2? If I knew what was required I would start a thread in that direction, people offered a lot of "information" as opposed to what was really necessary. I will see what I can do with combinatrics in the mean time, maybe start a poll for us with 5 possible methods/systems, if people will even partake I don't know.

esoito

Quote from: Juiced91 on January 16, 2013, 03:37:19 AM
What is step 2? If I knew what was required I would start a thread in that direction, people offered a lot of "information" as opposed to what was really necessary. I will see what I can do with combinatrics in the mean time, maybe start a poll for us with 5 possible methods/systems, if people will even partake I don't know.

Mate, Step 2...it's been sitting there in the Pipe Dream section... waitin' for ya!!

JohnLegend

Quote from: XXVV on January 16, 2013, 02:07:20 AM
@JL
You are being a little hard on humanity. Please refer the Pareto Rule which is the infamous but ubiquitous 80:20 ratio which finds its way into roulette as well.
Hello XXVV good to see you on the forum. Arr maybe, 80/20 that's being generous lol. But yes it breaks down to a minority.

esoito

The ratio, if I recall, is something along the lines that 80% of sales are achieved by 20% of sales staff.

Or, more cynically, 80% of  work is achieved by 20% of workers!  >:D

XXVV

At the risk of sounding even more tedious please refer to my Guru, Maharishi Professor Nassim Taleb, for his further extensive comments and illustrations on Pareto. Like the Golden Mean, The Pareto Principle seems to be one of Nature's Rules, and yes, reaches far into human experience, further shattering the complacency of concrete linear thinkers; hopefully, anyway.

In my favourite Chaos book, Deep Simplicity, it is demonstrated  there really is a point to living just on the edge of Chaos, and oddly Pareto even features there.

On that basis some 40 Forum Members may be the active minority, and the 'tipping point' for conversion to 'Seeing the Pipe Dream' realised may be a modest 10%, say 19 active visionaries, who can demonstrate to the remainder that yes, there is a way forward. Keep a candle in the window.

The Force is with you, Esoito!  Onward to Step 2!

Drazen

Quote from: esoito on January 16, 2013, 06:09:22 AM
The ratio, if I recall, is something along the lines that 80% of sales are achieved by 20% of sales staff.

Or, more cynically, 80% of  work is achieved by 20% of workers!  >:D

Yes, Pareto-s rule  :thumbsup:

Best

Drazen
Common sense has become so rare it should be classified as a superpower.

Dino246

Here's another good ratio.....20% of tax payers pay 80% of the tax !!!