Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

The age of the one (1) rule community is here --our next octave!

Started by VLS, June 24, 2017, 07:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLS

We're about to be ruled by one simple rule/question here: "is it gambling-related?" If it's not = gone from BetSelection.cc

This nukes every personal quack & quarrel, trivial argument, bad-meaning message and the like, while leaving us with the juicy Bet Selection, Money Management and actual betting-related posts & topics (hooray!)

By updating our terms with Google-like wording in our next website revision, it let us slim newly-submitted posts to their very core if needed, in order to trim all of the irrelevant non-gambling parts.

When does this get in place?

As soon as we enable the new multi-forum space.

The working database model and controllers for the multi-forum are in place; so even if it's just a basic text, forms & images view, we get to launch it to close this month of June.

Since a modern web engine is never fully-complete anyway, we're going to launch what we have in order to 'iron things out' as they're needed.

What happens to all of the current threads/topics/content?

No content is lost, everything's simply moved to the new multi-forum with a 301 redirect away from our BetSelection.cc pages.

i.e. All of the irrelevant/non-gambling posts simply end-up at the new multi-forum space in bulk based on topic starter, while we reserve the right to keep all of the productive individual gambling threads/topics featured in here.

This is a massive shift in our community's focus and ways.

The new multi-forum enables every member to have a space to post as many personal/tangential/off-topic messages as wished while our BetSelection.cc space finally becomes a true betting-oriented community, focused strictly on productive discussion for productive-thinking fellows to build upon each other's relevant contributions.

Hopefully, by means of this move, we get to achieve the lowest signal-to-noise ratio we've ever had in our betting discussion websites.

Every featured game gets three sub-boards only:

• Bet Selection
  • Money Management
  • Game-related

Sponsors and truly generic sections remain.

:thumbsup:
Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor

VLS

Hello GG; yes, I know how it may sound yet even this very thread of mine goes away to be archived somewhere else because it's not gambling related.

Once you get your greenguy.betforum.cc space you'd be welcome to post anything you wish as long as it's legal under US & Canada laws.

Why these two countries? Because our .CC domains must comply with US laws & we're being physically hosted on Canadian soil as you can easily check by using any domain-to-location service:

i.e. https://check-host.net/ip-info?host=betselection.cc

We've tried doing this transition in the past so what's different this time? Simple: sponsors + money.

I'm being paid as the direct result of coding this (finally). I've learned the "no money, no code" reality from our past philanthropic ventures so, as a corollary, the "since there's money, there's code flowing" fact prevails now.

Furthermore, I retired from doing small-time private coding around the web so I'm not hireable online anymore. I've shifted to creating web engines, programming languages, smartphone apps and other products already. My personal 'lab' has partials for what there's to come during the year, so what others believe about what I am able to program or not bears no actual weight as releases come to light.

So yes, I'm a paid developer now, with a twist: my customers being our web operation's sponsors as well as the people buying the latest versions of our programs under our new support license.

We're also enabling the CheapComputers.cc community as part of our new (non-gambling) propositions where we're going to sell physical computer hardware but that's irrelevant to the betting side of ours hence not mentioned during this transition specifically.

One a last point. In addition to provable violations to US & Canada laws, we're adding this fast-track common-sense rule for expedited content removal:

- Unfounded accusations, doxing & hate speech gets removed on sight; contrasted to personal opinions protected by freedom of speech which can stay.

Example:

I think/believe <xyz member> is <whatever personal opinion protected by freedom of speech>.

Stays.

Versus:

<xyz member> is <direct accusation, not marked as being a personal opinion>.

Goes away as soon as spotted because it is an unfounded accusation unless there's accompanying undeniable proof of facts being published alongside, within the very same accusatory post's body.

With this fast-track removal + the requirement of it being legal under US & Canada laws chances are we're good to have a nice operation. Our focused BetSelection.cc for gambling discussion + the multi-forum site where each member has his/her own space to discuss betting topics with their own 'personal gusto' as well as being as tangential as wished.

(Any case, we're just some days away from our initial transitioning so there's not really much point on devoting to trivial talk about it)

Cheers.
Vic
Email/Paypal: betselectiongmail.com
-- Victor