Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

*PATTERN BREAKER*

Started by JohnLegend, November 05, 2012, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chauncy47

I am asking the same thing.  If you remember, I told you that I was working on something that I have noticed within the Pattern Breaker framework and the results have been solid so far. 

JL, I picked it from something you noticed and posted in the other forum and have been playing it/testing it ever since.  Thank you for answering the question. 

JohnLegend

Quote from: Chauncy47 on December 07, 2012, 07:16:11 PM
I am asking the same thing.  If you remember, I told you that I was working on something that I have noticed within the Pattern Breaker framework and the results have been solid so far. 

JL, I picked it from something you noticed and posted in the other forum and have been playing it/testing it ever since.  Thank you for answering the question.
Care to share your finding with me Chauncy47.

I am not precious about a method, we should always be looking for improvement at a low buy in like 7 UNITS.

I don't have to worry about this with FIVE. Its patience that's called for there. You know you are very likey to win. You just have to wait for random. WAITING FOR RANDOM. that's something I believe makes all these methods work. there's no MAGICAL THINKING going on here.

We are simply waiting for random to give us our BET SELECTION. I think its the way. To beat random, let random identify your bet for you. Its been working very well.

Chauncy47

I will send you a pm and if you care to share it with the forum, it's up to you to present it as it's your method.  It's about 1:30pm here and it's time to leave work and hit the B&M  :)   When I get back home tonight, I will drop you a pm ....

JohnLegend

Quote from: Chauncy47 on December 07, 2012, 07:31:38 PM
I will send you a pm and if you care to share it with the forum, it's up to you to present it as it's your method.  It's about 1:30pm here and it's time to leave work and hit the B&M  :)   When I get back home tonight, I will drop you a pm ....
Great Stuff Chauncy47. Yes I've got me a session to play on BV after some chow. Speak later mate.

Robeenhuut

Quote from: JohnLegend on December 07, 2012, 07:08:44 PM
Thanks Shogun, it will be a defining moment. I can't wait. Chauncy, Shogun is saying he lost 5 games out of 7. Very, very unlucky indeed. But I want to know how did they transpire across the two even chances.

For a while now I have been questioning the value of playing TWO EVEN CHANCES at the same time. The reason being I began this method with just HIGH LOW. And over an 18 month period had three very impressive streaks 48, 101 and 105.

Since I adopted ODD EVEN again for FASTER TURNOVER. I've never gotten close to those numbers. COMBINED 29 is the best I've managed to clock up. With 34 being the longest singular streak for HIGH LOW.

Now I believe the reason for this is, with H.A.R we are entering the cycle randomly. It is EXTREMELY unlikely we will manage to produce two streaks of 15 or greater SIMULTANEOUSY for the two even chances. PLUS we stop after a winner. So that winning streak will be criss-crossing between the two even chances.

And one of them isn't going to make 15 plus. With a  pure singular EVEN CHANCE. I think FREAK winning streaks are more realistic. As you are always playing for that ONE even chance. I have a 28 currently for HIGH LOW on BV.

So for me personaly I am going back to the start. And concentrating on HIGH LOW. My strikerate NEVER fell below 12/1 when I played only HIGH LOW longterm. With HIGH LOW and ODD EVEN I've struggled to get above 10/1 for a while now. Lets see.  :thumbsup:

Odds of 1 to 2000 if im not mistaken. Not so rare in my book. The same odds like around 60 winning run. Anything can happen.  ;)   Making predictions about a strike rate is useless and the more testing and playing is done the more people will realize that.

JohnLegend

Quote from: Robeenhuut on December 08, 2012, 03:53:40 AM
Odds of 1 to 2000 if im not mistaken. Not so rare in my book. The same odds like around 60 winning run. Anything can happen.  ;)   Making predictions about a strike rate is useless and the more testing and playing is done the more people will realize that.
Matt with PB I don't expect a big strikerate. As the math says it should wittle down to around 7/1 longterm.
With H.A.R depending on certain factors luck, timing etc you can experience two extremes. You might put together a huge winning streak that gives you a longterm advantage. Or you might run into a very poor run as Shogun did.

Given the relatively small buy in of 7 units. The method is more open to volatile extremes. When I started out I got some amazing winning streaks that put me in a very comfortable place.

Shogun himself had a 37 early on. Which is like winning 5 progressions. When things arent going well most players start to question themselves. Shogun even after that very poor run overall is still just over break even after a relatively small number of games. His numbers for me would still mean profit.

The mind is often the weak link. STAYING POWER separates longterm success from failure. There are millions of players out there who will never know this game can be beaten. Simply because their mindset will never allow it.

They are fine so long as they are winning. When a downturn spell hits they lose focus and desire very quickly. I've experienced it all with this method and game. That's why I don't worry when I see things arent going as good as I want.

I am always thinking LONGTERM like a business that has periods where P&L fluctuates. So I don't try to predict strikerates Matt. I report what I experience.

No method with such a small buy in like PB will ever be big bang proof. To get close to that you have to put more spare change into the cycle. But that's another story.

JohnLegend

Quote from: shogun on December 07, 2012, 02:45:49 PM
Dino: I had 4 losses in which a zero played its part including 1 double loss.

Chauncy47: I bet on H/L and O/E only. When i first started i also played R/B but gave this up as it was running at 5/1. I started betting .10p while i was learning PB. I quickly moved on to £1,£2,£5 and then £10 bets  :scared:
So during this last bad run i was betting £10,£20 and £40. I do not do a recovery bet and i was playng HAR.
I have lost some money with PB that is ok we all know the risks. I still have faith but it's a grind.
On a positive note i have got back most of what i lost playing another system  :)
Looking over this post Shogun, you were moving way too fast. Here is my advice for BR and win/loss expectations.

1, Your BANKROLL ideally should be 20x7. Meaning in the case of PATTERN BREAKER twenty times the 7 UNITS RISK. That's minumum.

2, If you are maintaining the 20x7 bankroll. For you to reach a point where you are betting 10,20,40. your minumum BR should be 1,400 units.

3, Me personally I have a rule of thumb when it comes to staking for PB. And that is, your overall BANKROLL should be ONE HUNDRED TIMES the size of your minumum stake. So for example if I am staking 2,4,8=14 units risk. My overall BANKROLL ***MUST*** be at least 200 UNITS.

there's no ifs buts or maybes about it. That is the ABSOLUTE MINUMUM. That way when you experience a bad period you arent completely wiped out. SMART MONEY MANAGEMENT is extremely powerful. Using is correctly means even when your method dips below break even point.

Which it will from time to time. You can STILL secure a profit margin. That is why I have no doubt I will succeed with PATTERN BREAKER, for as long as I play it. Its perfectly made to execute smart money management with. The follow up bet is very strong. Meaning 2--4 sevenths of a loss can be recovered very quickly.

When it hits that nice 15 plus winning streak, you pull further into profit. When its behaving badly you bring it back up with the recovery bet. There are many ways you can money-manage this method and still come out in profit. People have to break loose from rigid thinking.  :forbidden:

shogun

Quote from: Chauncy47 on December 07, 2012, 05:48:53 PM
Shogun ... I am sorry that I am not clear on how you bet last bad run you posted "LWLLWL" or perhaps its just me that's been playing wrong this whole time...LOL ...I guess what I am asking is that if you are betting against the last pattern forming, how did you bet  LWLLWL?  I just need some help understanding if you care too explain a bit further.

Hi Chauncy47,

You will notice there are 6 results here LWLLWL. A game for me gives two results as I bet on H/L and O/E. I think I play similar to the pilot. I play one game and I am done (HAR).

So for example I get a trigger on O/E and I am still tracking H/L. I have 3 bets to get my win on O/E. £10 first bet lose, £20 second bet and lose, £40 on third bet and lose. This is the end of progression and a L. I get my trigger on H\L and lose the first bet but win on the second. So this is a W. So this is one game. I am looking to make 2 units profit best case. This game gives me LW in the 6 results I gave. The next game I got LL and the third WL. As you can see all 3 games is a loss in units as a win is 1 unit and a loss is 7 units.

Hope this makes sense  :)

shogun

Quote from: JohnLegend on December 08, 2012, 09:34:21 AM
Looking over this post Shogun, you were moving way too fast. Here is my advice for BR and win/loss expectations.

1, Your BANKROLL ideally should be 20x7. Meaning in the case of PATTERN BREAKER twenty times the 7 UNITS RISK. That's minumum.

2, If you are maintaining the 20x7 bankroll. For you to reach a point where you are betting 10,20,40. your minumum BR should be 1,400 units.

3, Me personally I have a rule of thumb when it comes to staking for PB. And that is, your overall BANKROLL should be ONE HUNDRED TIMES the size of your minumum stake. So for example if I am staking 2,4,8=14 units risk. My overall BANKROLL ***MUST*** be at least 200 UNITS.

there's no ifs buts or maybes about it. That is the ABSOLUTE MINUMUM. That way when you experience a bad period you arent completely wiped out. SMART MONEY MANAGEMENT is extremely powerful. Using is correctly means even when your method dips below break even point.

Which it will from time to time. You can STILL secure a profit margin. That is why I have no doubt I will succeed with PATTERN BREAKER, for as long as I play it. Its perfectly made to execute smart money management with. The follow up bet is very strong. Meaning 2--4 sevenths of a loss can be recovered very quickly.

When it hits that nice 15 plus winning streak, you pull further into profit. When its behaving badly you bring it back up with the recovery bet. There are many ways you can money-manage this method and still come out in profit. People have to break loose from rigid thinking.  :forbidden:

Hi John,
i have read and understand all the money management posts about PB and totally agree. I had the correct bank roll for the different stakes i played. I have an overall bank roll i use for roulette and its in my bank account. I just use what i need.
I had a bad run, nothing to do with money management but a bad strike rate. I am going to continue as i still have faith. In the grand scale of things i have not played that many games of PB.

I may try just H/L. I am looking forward to hear your new idea with Chauncy47.

Cheers.

JohnLegend

Quote from: shogun on December 08, 2012, 09:52:10 AM

Hi John,
i have read and understand all the money management posts about PB and totally agree. I had the correct bank roll for the different stakes i played. I have an overall bank roll i use for roulette and its in my bank account. I just use what i need.
I had a bad run, nothing to do with money management but a bad strike rate. I am going to continue as i still have faith. In the grand scale of things i have not played that many games of PB.

I may try just H/L. I am looking forward to hear your new idea with Chauncy47.

Cheers.
Yes and don't forget AMK he has joined the forum. And has a very interesting idea with only a 3UNIT BUY IN. Check the discussions section. I am currently testing it. 4/0 so far. And only 3 wins are required to break even. Its all good.

shogun

Thanks John,
I had missed that.

JohnLegend

RESULTS UPDATE FOR PATTERN BREAKER IN JL CHALLENGE FOR 12/12/12

TOTAL GAMES PLAYED 70

TOTAL GAMES WON 64

TOTAL GAMES LOST 6

STRIKERATE 10.6/1

DOUBLE LOSSES ZERO

LONGEST WINNING STREAK 28--HIGH LOW.

ALL the twelves today and all change. After a twin login issue with BV. Superman and me had to bail out and transfer over to the best of em all PADDYPOWER. Maintaining my play on only HIGH--LOW. I just came off a nice streak of 28. And am currently on a streak of 7. I would expect at least a few sub 15 streaks now. So will stake with more caution until I lose.

PADDYPOWER have a nice selection of tables, and you can bet a minumum of 0.50p LIVE on their sports roulette wheel. Which is very useful for methods like FIVE and 7 ON 1 while I build up funds over the coming weeks. Surprisingly. I've had two games of 7 ON 1 already in a short number of spins. And one for FIVE. They are both playable with live online.

Opportunities will come while tracking the wheel for PB. And each time they do, I will take advantage of them to help with BR growth. Both FIVE and 7 ON 1 will be introduced to the forum in the new year.

Trebor

Still plodding away.

Results as of 15/12/12.

Total games played           284

Total games won               249

Total games lost                 35

Double losses                      2

Strike rate                          7.1/1

Trebor

JohnLegend

Quote from: Trebor on December 15, 2012, 12:38:09 PM
Still plodding away.

Results as of 15/12/12.

Total games played           284

Total games won               249

Total games lost                 35

Double losses                      2

Strike rate                          7.1/1

Trebor
Trebor what is your longest and average winning streak over this sample of games?

Gizmotron

Quote from: JohnLegend on December 15, 2012, 03:11:47 PM
Trebor what is your longest and average winning streak over this sample of games?

His average winning streak is posted, it's 7.1/1 . It's right in there with the 7.4/1 expected result.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES."