Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

anyone know?

Started by soggett, January 30, 2013, 07:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggett

hey guys
just wondering if anyone here tested something similar and can help me out;

if a street hits back to back, or twice within 3 spins, what's the most spins it needs to hit again? I tested for a couple of thousand spins and the most I found was 40 spins, once
eveything else was below that
I know a street can sleep for more than that, I am asking for how long can it sleep after it hits 2 times back to back or within 3 spins
thanks

Gizmotron

Any kind of a huge streak can start at any moment. That includes if you get an irate phone call from your mother in law at 2:00am. That includes if you only had one flat tire in the past year. Don't forget the streaks that always appear when you are looking for them. There is no such thing as a trigger for randomness. It's just wishful thinking. ...unless you are a magical legend.
"...IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BREAK THE LAW OF AVERAGES." 

Bayes

I'm afraid Giz is right. The fact that the street has hit twice in a row or 2 within 3 doesn't change the odds. Any simulation will confirm the math.

soggett

hmmm, I though it did make a difference, can it go cold just like that? from being hot to cold, without hitting a few times and being "warm"?

Bayes

Two in a row or 2 in 3 doesn't really qualify as 'hot', and in any case, spins are independent so a statement like "given event X, what is the chance of event Y?" is exactly the same as "what is the chance of event Y?". In other words the "given event X" part is redundant.

soggett

Quote from: Bayes on January 30, 2013, 08:34:23 AM
Two in a row or 2 in 3 doesn't really qualify as 'hot', and in any case, spins are independent so a statement like "given event X, what is the chance of event Y?" is exactly the same as "what is the chance of event Y?". In other words the "given event X" part is redundant.

I see
yes you are right
an eyeopener, thank you

Ralph

Quote from: soggett on January 30, 2013, 08:47:02 AM

I see
yes you are right
an eyeopener, thank you

You may have seen I bet every spin, the reason I do not have a belief in the history of spins. Some exceptions, if a street has not been show for very long, or the opposite seems to come very often, I would bet, knowing it can't make the worse selection , maybe better. What else can we use?

I was running over 10000 spins betting only number 1, and had winning, would number one stay "hot" so long?

Sometimes I assume (right or wrong) a number hitting back to back will not sleep for 600 spins, rather before 70 (which is more likely every time).