Our members are dedicated to PASSION and PURPOSE without drama!

My prediction: roulette programs end up being all-free

Started by wannawin, August 10, 2014, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannawin

My prediction is that in the end all roulette programs will be free because people do not like paying. With people who are stingy the only programmers that will prevail will be the free ones. Those who simply want to learn and share for whom the mere use of their program by others is payment enough.

The pattern I see is always the programmers end up disappointed. Tiago, automatedbots, rjeaton, and all the others who are gone by now from the past and recent present. Embracing this idea based on facts it is better if new programmers do not aspire compensation to be able to last active in the community.

It is more productive to give the program away to be used and not be disappointed by sales in my opinion. I mean it to be just like this for me. If I knew deep programming I would be giving away my applications to everybody without asking for money.

http://betselection.cc/general-discussion/who-gives-a-free-programming-course/

My idea behind the free course thread is that the forum can start to form programmers who are willing to give away their work for all of us at no cost. If we learn for free we will be more motivated to give the programs for free as a programming exercise in view of sharing the programs unselfishly.

What do you think of my free programs prediction? Do you think my idea to not fall into the mistakes of the past that keep developers out can be possible to make?

It is the only possible solution to the conflict of the inevitable loss of programmer talent over time. If nothing is expected people will not be disappointed and we will enjoy new programmers for a long time.  Better changing the focus and mindset to this. Ultimately we will all benefit from more benefit.
say things directly to show respect for other people's time. Walter.

Superman

QuoteThe pattern I see is always the programmers end up disappointed. Tiago, automatedbots, rjeaton, and all the others who are gone by now from the past and recent present. Embracing this idea based on facts it is better if new programmers do not aspire compensation to be able to last active in the community.

Tiago didn't end up dissapointed, rjeaton was only coding in RX and from what I can remember he had an accident was ill for a bit and never came back to the forum, they probably got bored.

Quoteit is better if new programmers do not aspire compensation

I don't understand how someone can work for hours, weeks or even months to perfect something then just give it a way, I do though if it was stuff, nothing that has been given away has ever been a winner so in my view it's not worth having, if however you have something worth having then surely human nature being what it is, you sell/rent it, that's what I do. You can make money from coding but its not easy. I've never plugged what I sell on the internet as I don't want to, if a player is serious enough they will find my products eventually, with a bunch of free coders desktops around the globe would be even fuller with junk. IMO
There's only one way forward, follow random, don't fight with it!

Ignore a thread/topic that mentions 'stop loss', 'virtual loss' and also when a list is provided of a progression, mechanical does NOT work!

Mike

Quote from: wannawin on August 10, 2014, 12:55:42 AM
My prediction is that in the end all roulette programs will be free because people do not like paying.

People haven't liked paying for anything ever since money was invented, but money hasn't become obsolete yet, so the fact that no-one likes paying is hardly grounds for the prediction that everything will be free. Of course superman is correct, why would anyone put in the considerable amount of time and effort it requires to create good software only to give it away?

There is a large and growing free software movement, but this is focused more on core utilities, not niche software, and for that there will always be sellers and people willing to pay. If someone wants to give away their software, fine, but don't expect it to become the norm.

My prediction is that programming will become more and more a core skill, so to that extent there will be more programmers in the future, and therefore more free software, but there will always be market, and that's as it should be. I don't understand the mentality that everything software related should be free. A computer program is an engineered product  just like a car, and just because it doesn't have a physical element doesn't mean that it shouldn't be paid for.

esoito

In the end it all boils down to a personal philosophy.

There are the open source coders who basically give the code away for others to tweak or use how they like.

And there are the I-need-a-return-for-effort coders who keep the underlying code private, but sell a compiled .exe version.

There's no right or wrong...it's just personal philosophy.

Rolex-Watch

People don't like paying, because the Maths states otherwise.  Also there have been well over 10,000 scams over the past decades, hence the cynicism, but mainly it is the maths. IMO when it comes to gambling, the only thing worth paying for, is perhaps a BJ book that teaches you how to card count, otherwise forget it.